Motets from Music Manuscript N° 168 (Tours municipal library) & the Deslauriers Manuscript
Jeudis musicaux concerts offer a special opportunity to hear the CMBV choir Les Pages & Chantres and other partner conservatoires and ensembles in the magnificent setting of the Royal Chapel at Versailles.
The Jeudis musicaux concerts showcase the accomplishments of the CMBV choir school with a new programme each week in the prestigious setting of the Royal Chapel. They feature Les Pages & les Chantres, student organists from the Paris CNSMD and CMBV partner institutions (the PSPBB and Versailles Grand-Parc & Paris-Saclay regional conservatoires), as well as many other guest ensembles and conservatoires.
2020-2021 will be Olivier Schneebeli’s last season. He has devoted his entire career to founding the CMBV choir school and furthering its remarkable expansion. An exceptional programme is in store in the run-up to his final performance in June, when the public will be treated to an iconic work featuring an augmented CMBV choir. This year also inaugurates the programme initiated by the CMBV on manuscripts by Tours and Deslauriers by welcoming the first two prize-winning choir schools, namely Paris and Toulouse regional conservatoires.
Admission is free and prior reservation is necessary (Priority seating for CMBV Cercle Rameau members).
Jeudis musicaux concerts take place every Thursday at 5.30 pm from October through June this year (except during school & public holidays) in the Royal Chapel or the Galerie des Batailles in the Palace of Versailles.
The 2020-2021 series of Jeudis musicaux concerts must comply with stringent health regulations, notably when it comes to admitting the public.
- Door B will open at 4.45 pm to admit Cercle Rameau members and one (priority access) group. The general public will be admitted from 5 pm.
- Face coverings are mandatory once through Door B, inside the Palace, throughout the duration of the concert and until exiting into Chapel courtyard.
- Hands must be sanitized with hydro-alcoholic gel.
- Every second seat must be left empty, and the rows staggered. Spectators may not form groups or choose their own seats.
- The Chapel doors will be definitively closed once the limit of spectators has been reached.